Carmen, OK – Jeremy Pruitt Injured in Truck Crash on County Rd N2550 near County Rd E0310
Carmen, OK (November 25, 2022) – A truck accident took place in Carmen, Oklahoma, on Friday morning that left one man injured. On November 25, authorities in Alfalfa County were dispatched to the scene of a crash on County Road N2550.
According to law enforcement, at around 8:15 a.m., 48-year-old Jeremy Pruitt was driving a 2020 GMC pickup truck north on County Road N2550. As his vehicle passed through the intersection of County Road E0310, collided with a 2012 Mack truck.
Both vehicles went into a ditch after the accident.
Pruitt suffered severe injuries in the crash and was airlifted to Oklahoma University Medical Center and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, where he was admitted with serious injuries.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We hope Jeremy Pruitt recovers quickly following this crash.
Oklahoma Truck Accidents
In 2021, more than 4700 truck accidents took place in the state of Oklahoma. Of these, more than 1160 of them resulted in injuries. Year after year, we continue to see innocent people suffer debilitating injuries as a result of truck accidents that take place in our state. Many of these accidents are caused by negligence. Some leading causes of traffic crashes in our state include:
- Speeding: Driving too fast for road and weather conditions is one of the most common causes of truck accidents. Truckers have a lot of responsibility on the road and need to be extra cautious to avoid putting themselves and others in danger.
- Reckless driving: Aggressive or careless driving can easily lead to an accident, especially when a large truck is involved. Tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, and weaving in and out of traffic are all examples of reckless driving that could cause a serious crash.
- Fatigue: Truck drivers often work long hours and can get tired behind the wheel. This can make them less alert and more likely to make mistakes. To prevent fatigue-related accidents, it’s important for truckers to get enough rest before getting back on the road.
- Distracted driving: Any activity that takes a driver’s attention away from the road can be dangerous. Texting, talking on the phone, eating, drinking, and changing the radio are all examples of distracted driving that could lead to an accident.
- Improperly maintained trucks: If a truck isn’t properly maintained, it can increase the risk of an accident occurring. Poorly kept brakes or tires, for example, can make it difficult for a trucker to stop or maneuver in time to avoid a crash.
If you’ve been hurt as a result of a truck accident, you may be able to file a personal injury case against the responsible driver. Our Carmen truck accident lawyers at Goudarzi & Young can help you get justice after being harmed in an accident due to another driver’s negligence. Our team will thoroughly investigate your crash to gather the strongest evidence possible. We will fight to get you justice. Schedule a consultation by reaching out to our law firm today at 800-256-5169 to get started.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.