Garland, TX (November 19, 2022) – A fiery crash took place in the Garland area on Tuesday morning that claimed one person’s life. Calls for assistance came in just before 5 a.m. on November 1.
According to reports provided by the Texas Department of Public Safety, two 18-wheelers collided on the western side of Interstate 30 in the area near the Pres. George Bush Turnpike. Both vehicles were thrown into a retaining wall immediately following the crash. One of the trucks caught on fire.
Firefighters rushed to the scene to extinguish the fire and rescue victims. One person suffered fatal injuries in the accident and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A second victim was rushed to a nearby hospital, where they underwent emergency care. The driver of the second semi-truck was treated at the scene. The circumstances surrounding the accident are under investigation.
We hope the two victims injured in this crash recover quickly.
We offer our sincerest condolences to the family of the victim who died in this crash.
Fatal Truck Accidents in Texas
Truck crashes in the state of Texas to the lives of hundreds of people annually. In many cases, these accidents are a result of negligent parties. When victims lose their lives as a result of fatal truck accidents, their families are often able to file lawsuits against the responsible drivers. Following the loss of a loved one, it is important that you have the strongest evidence to prove your case.
Some of the best evidence to prove fault in a truck accident includes:
- The police report: This will document the facts of the accident and help to identify who is at fault.
- Witness statements: These can be incredibly helpful in supporting your claim if you have someone who saw the accident and can attest to what happened.
- Dashcam or surveillance footage: This type of footage can be crucial in determining who is at fault, as it will show exactly what happened leading up to and during the accident.
Proving that the defendant was at fault will provide you with the opportunity to secure financial compensation for the damages that your family faces. Some of the losses and costs that you can recover compensation for include:
- Funeral Costs: This may include the cost of the casket, funeral home services, transportation, and any other related expenses.
- Burial Expenses: This may include the cost of the grave site, headstone, or marker, and any other related expenses.
- Lost Earnings: This includes any wages or salary that would have been earned had they not been killed in the accident. It may also include benefits such as healthcare and retirement contributions.
- Loss of Consortium: This includes the loss of companionship, love, affection, comfort, and social relations.
Our Garland wrongful death lawyers at Goudarzi & Young can help your family build a strong case to fight for fair compensation. Our lawyers will remain by your side every step of the way and fight to ensure the person who caused the death of your loved one is held accountable. Schedule a consultation with our truck accident lawyers today by calling 800-256-5169 to get started.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.