Houston, TX (January 6, 2023) – A woman was left seriously injured following a crash that took place in Harris County. At around 1:30 p.m., on December 31, the Harris County constables responded to the scene of a traffic accident on Chippewa Boulevard.
According to authorities, a female pedestrian was struck by an 18-wheeler in the 6700 block of Chippewa Boulevard. Authorities rushed to the scene and blocked off the roadway near Antoine Drive.
The pedestrian suffered serious injuries in the accident. Medical personnel provided care to the victim at the scene before transporting her to a local hospital.
At this time, the incident remains under investigation.
We hope the woman injured as a result of this accident recovers quickly.
Pedestrian-Involved Truck Crashes in Texas
Truck accidents can be devastating under any circumstance. However, when these accidents involve pedestrians, the severity of injuries is dramatically increased. Some of the most common injuries that we see reported in these types of accidents across our state include:
- Cuts and bruises: These are usually the most minor of injuries but can still be painful. They often occur when a pedestrian is hit by a vehicle or knocked to the ground.
- Broken bones: This is a more serious injury that can occur if a pedestrian is hit by a car or knocked over with force. It can take a long time to recover from broken bones.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from concussions to more serious brain damage. They are often caused by head trauma, such as being hit by a car or falling over. Wearing a helmet can help to protect against this type of injury.
- Death: In the most serious cases, pedestrians can be killed if they are involved in an accident. This is usually caused by severe head trauma.
Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents often force victims into area hospitals for an extended period. Many victims are harmed in these accidents as a result of drivers who are negligent. Some of the leading factors include:
- Distracted drivers: Drivers who are not paying attention to the road are more likely to hit someone crossing the street.
- Speeding: Drivers who are traveling over the posted speed limit are more likely to cause serious accidents, especially if they are distracted or not paying attention.
- Driving under the influence: Drunk or impaired drivers pose a serious threat to pedestrians, as they are more likely to make poor decisions and have slower reflexes.
- Bad weather: Low visibility due to heavy rain or even fog can make it more difficult for drivers to see pedestrians, leading to accidents.
If you have been injured as a result of a truck accident, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. A truck accident lawyer in Houston can help to determine what legal options you have moving forward.
Our dedicated legal team at Goudarzi & Young has decades of experience helping pedestrians who have been harmed and truck crashes get justice. Our team has a proven track record of success when it comes to litigating complex truck accident claims for our clients. We will help you get fair compensation for your medical expenses and more. Contact our fearless advocates by calling 800-256-5169.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.