Morton, TX (January 2, 2023) – A truck accident took place in the Morton area that resulted in injuries. On December 28, calls for help were received regarding a traffic accident on Interstate 75.
According to law enforcement, a semi-truck and a second vehicle collided on the northbound side of Interstate 75. The incident caused delays in the area near exit 69 for Farm to Market Road 120 in Morton.
The Texas Department of Public Safety and area firefighters responded to the scene of the accident at around 9 p.m. to provide assistance. Authorities closed off multiple lanes of the roadway and diverted traffic off the service road as they cleared the area.
EMS was called to the scene of the accident to care for the injured victims. At least one person was transported to a local medical facility for further care.
The circumstances surrounding the accident are being investigated.
We hope the injured victims are able to recover quickly.
Truck Accidents in Texas
Being involved in a truck accident can be incredibly devastating. Unfortunately, thousands of people in our state are left with serious injuries as a result of these accidents. There are many reasons why we continue to see such a high number of truck accidents take place. Many of them involve some form of negligence. The leading causes of truck accidents here in Texas include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents involving semi-trucks. Truck drivers are often required to drive long hours, and as a result, may become fatigued. When this happens, they may take their eyes off the road or fail to pay attention to their surroundings, leading to accidents.
- Improper Maintenance: Semi-trucks are large and complex vehicles that require regular maintenance in order to function properly. When trucking companies fail to maintain their vehicles properly, it can lead to accidents on the road.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Semi-trucks are also more likely than other vehicles to be involved in accidents during adverse weather conditions such as heavy rain or snow. This is because trucks have more difficulty stopping and maneuvering in these conditions.
- Speeding: speeding is another leading cause of semi-truck accidents. When trucks are traveling at high speeds, they are more likely to lose control and cause an accident.
- Road Rage: Road rage is a serious problem among all drivers, but it is particularly dangerous when directed at semi-trucks. This is because trucks can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and pose a serious threat to other motorists when they are driven aggressively.
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a truck accident, Goudarzi & Young’s Texas truck accident lawyers are here to help. We understand that this is an incredibly difficult and confusing time, so we offer decades of legal experience and a dedicated legal team who will fight for your rights as a victim. Don’t hesitate to call our Texas truck accident lawyers at 800-256-5169 for your free consultation today.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.