San Antonio, TX (November 16, 2022) – A deadly truck accident took place in the San Antonio area on Tuesday evening that claimed one man’s life. At around 9 p.m., on November 15, the San Antonio Police Department responded to a crash on Rigsby Avenue.
According to reports provided by the San Antonio Police Department, a male pedestrian was struck by an 18-wheeler on Rigsby Avenue at the intersection of Bermuda Drive. A witness claimed that the man was dragged to the intersection under the truck.
Paramedics rushed to the scene of the accident to render aid to the victim. Despite the best efforts provided by the paramedics, the man passed away from his injuries. He was sick and declared dead at the scene of the accident.
The crash remains under investigation at this time.
We offer our warmest sympathies to the family of the man who died in this pedestrian accident.
Fatal Pedestrian Crashes with Semi-Trucks
Truck accidents are the cause of hundreds of deaths in thousands of injuries each year in Texas. When pedestrians are involved in these accidents, the chances of significant and fatal injuries are dramatically increased. Unfortunately, we see many people die as a result of fatal truck accidents each year in our state.
If your loved one has died as a result of a motor vehicle accident, you have the ability to file a wrongful death claim against the responsible party. A wrongful death claim can help you seek financial compensation for some of the damages you face. These include:
- Medical expenses: Your family can recover compensation to cover the costs of medical care that your loved one received prior to their passing.
- Lost income: Your family may be able to recover compensation for the lost income that your family endures after losing your loved one.
- Pain and suffering: This is a type of non-economic damage that is available to provide families with some relief for the pain and suffering they have been forced to endure after losing a loved one.
- Funeral and burial costs: Your family may be able to recover compensation to cover the cost of funeral and burial arrangements.
- Punitive damages: These are designed to punish the at-fault party for their negligent actions. They are typically only available in cases where the truck driver or trucking company acted with gross negligence or recklessness.
The best way to determine what kind of compensation you may be entitled to is to speak with a wrongful death lawyer in San Antonio who can review your case and advise you of your legal options.
Our truck accident lawyers at Goudarzi & Young have extensive experience helping families protect their legal rights after losing loved ones. Our team can help you build a strong case and fight to ensure you are able to get compensation to cover these and other damages resulting from the fatal accident. Our lawyers can meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to help you better understand the legal options that are available to you. Contact our personal injury lawyers today by calling 800-256-5169.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.