San Antonio, TX (November 20, 2022) – A traffic accident took place in the San Antonio area on Friday that resulted in injuries and severe delays in traffic. On November 18, the San Antonio Police Department was called to the scene of a crash on Interstate 35.
According to reports provided by the San Antonio police, a crash involving a truck and a second vehicle occurred on the northbound side of Interstate 35 near South Zarzamora Street.
The incident resulted in severe delays in traffic. Authorities diverted traffic onto Somerset Road while they assisted at the scene. Authorities remained on-site for several hours while working to clear the roadway and investigate.
At least one victim suffered injuries in the accident.
The police are investigating the crash at this time.
We hope those harmed as a result of this traffic accident recover quickly.
Truck Accidents in Texas
Commercial vehicle accidents are common in the state of Texas. In fact, thousands of people are hospitalized annually as a result of accidents involving box trucks, semi-trucks, and other commercial vehicles. There are many reasons why these accidents continue to take place day after day. We see many truck accidents caused by drivers who are drowsy, speeding, or even impaired.
If you have been affected by a truck accident, you may be able to seek financial compensation for some of the damages that you face. This can include compensation for:
- Medical expenses: You may be able to recover the cost of all medical treatment related to your injuries, including the costs for hospitalization, any surgery that you require, medications that you have to take, and physical therapy.
- Lost wages: If you have had to take time off work to recover from your injuries or go through medical treatment, you may be able to recover your lost wages.
- Pain and suffering: This is a type of damage that is designed to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering that you experience due to your injuries.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in the accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, punitive damages may be available if the truck driver was especially reckless or careless.
Reaching out to a San Antonio truck accident lawyer as soon as possible can help to ensure you have the strongest case to prove your damages and that the defendant is at fault.
Our personal injury lawyers at Goudarzi & Young can help guide you through the legal process. Our team has nearly three decades of experience helping injured parties seek compensation for their damages. Over the years, we have helped tens of thousands of people get justice after being hurt due to reckless and negligent drivers. We can help you get the maximum amount of compensation possible for your lawsuit as well.
Our lawyers are available to meet with you for a free consultation at your earliest convenience to discuss the legal options that may be available to help you move forward. Contact our law firm today at 800-256-5169 to get started.
Notes: Our team of dedicated writers created this post through the use of secondary sources; therefore, we have not independently verified all of the facts surrounding this truck accident. If you locate incorrect information, please contact Goudarzi & Young, L.L.P. so that we can update the post with the most accurate information available. This post will be removed if requested.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this post is not intended to be legal or medical advice. If you are injured in an accident, seek medical attention immediately, then speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. The photograph used in this post is not representative of this accident. This post is not a solicitation for business.